JOIN THE STACK BETA
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
THE “JOIN THE STACK BETA” CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. THE CONTEST IS OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS, EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding residents of the Province of Quebec, who are the age of majority or older in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees of Stack FinTech Inc. (“STACK”) and Queue Technologies, Inc. (“Queue”), (STACK and Queue taken together, the “Sponsors”), and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win.
STACK shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility, in a form acceptable to STACK, including without limitation, government issued photo identification, to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof, or meet all of the eligibility requirements may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to STACK for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. STACK reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant fail to meet all of the eligibility requirements or, at any stage, supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
Entrants who are selected for a Prize are ineligible for the remaining Prizes.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 17, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 29, 2017 (the “Contest Period”) after which no further entries or actions shall be accepted for the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST. There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. In order to participate in the Contest and be eligible to win a prize you must be registered to received information about the beta launch of the STACK platform. All registrants will receive one (1) entry into the available Contest draws.
To enter: Register to receive information about the beta launch of the STACK platform by submitting your email to STACK through the form on the STACK website at www.getstack.co (the “Website”):
To receive additional entries: Take one or more of the listed actions in order to earn points and move up the ranking and, if sufficient points are accumulated, receive the corresponding number of entries into the draw for the grand prize. Entrants will receive one (1) additional entry for the remaining Contest draw(s) for each 100 points earned.
All entries must comply with these Official Rules and the Queue Technologies, Inc. Terms of Service and be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on June 29, 2017 in order to be eligible for a prize. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. The use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like methods for participation in this Contest is strictly prohibited and all such entries will be void. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to participate will be deemed to be the entrant provided he/she is eligible per these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Email registrations and all actions taken by entrants will be deemed received at the time indicated on the STACK server report.
(a) There are twelve (12) prizes (each a “Prize”, and collectively, the “Prizes”) available to be won:
one (1) grand prize in May (the “May Grand Prize”) consisting of Four (4) VIP Lounge Upgrade Package tickets to The Weeknd Starboy: Legends of the Fall World Tour show in Toronto, Ontario, which includes tickets to the show and access to a VIP pre-show fan reception (A.R.P. $3,000CDN);
one (1) grand prize in June (the “June Grand Prize”) consisting of a VIP music festival experience worth up to $5,000 CDN (details to be confirmed at the time the June Grand Prize is awarded on June 30, 2017); and
ten (10) individual prizes of $1000 each.
(b) Chances of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
(c) Prizes will be distributed within thirty (30) days after the winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein. The Prize must be claimed within thirty (30) business days of notification of being selected as a Winner. Failure to claim the Prize within the allotted time period may result in your disqualification and forfeiture of all rights to the Prize (in the Sponsor’s sole discretion).
(d) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, or redeemed for cash. Prize winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
(e) Winner(s) and any companion(s) must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion(s) of prize without further compensation. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the prizes described above may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Sponsors reserve the right, in its and their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(f) Prize winner is solely responsible for all arrangements and any costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use, including transportation, meals, gratuities and souvenirs. Each winner is solely responsible for all federal, provincial, and local taxes and all other fees and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being awarded.
(g) If Prizes are shipped, they shall not be insured and the Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
5. WINNER SELECTION.
(a) Prize winners will be selected as follows:
On May 12, 2017 a random draw will be held and one entry chosen from all Contest entries for the May Grand Prize;
On June 30, 2017, a random draw will be held and one entry chosen from the remaining Contest entries for the June Grand Prize; and
At the end of the Contest Period, the ten (10) individuals who have accumulated the highest number of points during the Contest Period (excluding the winners of the May Grand Prize and the June Grand Prize) will each be eligible to win one (1) of the $1,000 Prizes.
Before being declared a Prize winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (as set out in Clause 6).
(b) SELECTED ENTRANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED UPON REGISTRATION TO THE STACK BETA WAITING LIST AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN FORTY-EIGHT (48) HOURS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification, and the selected entrant’s response must be received by the Sponsors within forty-eight (48) hours of such notification. If the selected entrant does not respond within such time period, he/she will be disqualified and another entrant or entrants may be selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those entrants selected for a Prize.
(c) If there are multiple entrants with an equal number of points accumulated, the Prizes will be awarded to those entrants with the highest points first, in decreasing order, until, if required, the remaining Prize(s) will be awarded in a random draw of all entrants with the same number of accumulated points.
6. LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY RELEASE. Before being declared as a Prize winner, the selected entrant will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (the “Release”) that confirms his/her: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsors, other parties related to the Contest and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, reproduce, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, adapt and otherwise use and re-use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of an entrant receiving verification that he/she has been selected as a winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or, as applicable, for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry or Contest Answer Submission. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by, as applicable, website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or, as applicable, to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as, as applicable, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and/or the Contest Website.
9. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website (where applicable); (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any STACK property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST OR THE WEBSITE (WHERE APPLICABLE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. PRIVACY/USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her full name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address and/or age (the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winners; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
(b) By opting-in online you consent to STACK’s and any of its corporate affiliate’s use of your Personal Information to contact you to (i) promote draws, programs, special events and contests similar to the Contest; (ii) promote the STACK platform and related products or services.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by STACK, the Sponsors and/or their affiliates as applicable. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
12. MODIFICATION OR TERMINATION OF CONTEST. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, amend, or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or the Contest Rules, in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or terminate the Contest (or any portion thereof) if bugs, virus, fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity, administration or proper play of the Promotion (or portion thereof), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
13. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
14. CONTACTING STACK. For any questions regarding this Contest, or to receive a list of winners, please contact STACK at 36 Distillery Lane, Suite 240, Toronto, Ontario M5A 3C4.
Last Contest Rules update: 12-April-17.